Blank Page is a blog I have created that will be a place where I post my work from my Creative Writing 2000 and 4200 classes at Auburn University.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Place Exercise- Story 1
He
took me on a date, if you want to call it that, to some rundown,
hole-in-the-wall hamburger place in a part of town so sketchy I vowed to never
go there. Outside is a huge red neon sign that says “Fred’s Hamburgers,” though
almost every other letter is burnt out. When you walk inside there is a giant
hamburger with a mustache hanging up on the wall above the register, and the
tile has the typical tan, flecked design, though the color is faded because of
sun damage and the grout is black with dirt and grime. The menu has handwritten
additions and modifications written on tape and placed over the originals, and
the pictures have long since been discolored. He insisted that’s where the best
food is. It’s probably also where the best crack is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment