Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crayon Exercise

1. How did your color map compare to the published writer's?
    My color map had a lot of the same colors and had a decent mix of them on the first page, but on the second page it was dominated by dialogue and action.

2. What seems to be missing in your work?

     I am missing a lot of sensory descriptions, like touch and taste and smell. I had a lot of opportunities to add these in my first story in the hamburger place or the hospital.

3. What do you want to include more of?

     I want to include more exposition, sensory detail, and backstory- I didn't have any backstory.

4. What do you intend to cut back on?

      I need to cut back on dialogue, or at least add more things to my dialogue so it isn't so one dimensional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment